Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Big News from Seven Steps

Big news! There's another St. Mary's Academy story coming your way soon. How soon? Try April 24, 2018.




As you know, the main characters of St. Mary's Academy all have a fairytale counterpart. The Boyfriend Agreement gave us Bella and Cole (Belle and The Beast/Adam from Beauty and the Best). Chasing Mermaids gave us Ariel and Eric (Ariel and Eric from The Little Mermaid). Now, I'm pleased to introduce Megera and Julius, whose counterparts are Meg and Hercules from Hercules.




I enjoyed writing Julius and Meg's story. Meg's life is a mess. Her father is under investigation for corruption, her mother is dying of cancer, she can no longer afford to go to school, and her boyfriend just dumped her for a cheerleader. She believes that everything is hopeless until she gets an offer she can't refuse. All she has to do is convince the star quarterback, Julius, to leave school. Love was never the plan. That is, until she meets Julius 'Hercules' Samson face to face.


I enjoyed writing these spunky, angsty, hilarious characters, and I know that you'll enjoy reading them.  The Golden Boy will release April 24th, 2018 and is currently available for pre-order for the low sale price of 0.99. But this price is only temporary. Once the book is released, it will go up to 2.99, so make sure you grab your copy today.

Pre-Order The Golden Boy HERE


Pre-Order The Golden Boy HERE


The Golden Boy is the brainchild of myself and Audrey Rich. Audrey is a young adult author whose been making a splash in the indie community. She's best known for her Stonehaven High Series. She's sweet, caring, and an excellent writer. I got the chance to interview this very busy lady. Check out her story below.


 What made you want to be an author?

I never had any author aspirations, not consciously. Despite that as a child, I spent hours creating my doll’s unique romantic stories full of drama and heartache, and I was a voracious reader, especially of romance books once I entered freshman year of high school.
While I used to enjoy writing countless papers on the assigned Classics Literature books in college, becoming an author never crossed my mind,  and I went on to receive my MBA in accounting so I could obtain my CPA license.
My first indication that I would abandon the accounting field to pursue an author career came the night I opened up Word and started my debut novel. The writing bug pushed me to stay up all night to produce the first thirty pages without a conscience thought beforehand. And I’m still a pantser writer, who has no plan, no outline before my fingers hit the keyboard but somehow the majority of the readers fall in love with my characters and the Stonehaven High world I’ve created.

What struggles have you had to overcome before you became a published author?

The biggest struggle for me to overcome before I became a published author was deciding whether to wait to be traditionally published or to bite the bullet and become self-published. The decision took years of research, and receiving feedback from the first and only acquiring editor I sent my manuscript to in 2015. While she liked my writing and plot, she didn’t like my main character, and I didn’t want to re-write her.



What struggles have you had to overcome since becoming a published author?

The biggest struggle since I became an author is reaching my target audience. I wish tweens and teens as well as women of all ages, to enjoy reading my sweet and innocent romance stories. While the various retailers are great at reaching adult women, they’re not great at reaching the tweens and teens. Hopefully, the sisters, aunts, and mothers reading my books will share them with the younger generations they know.

What are you currently reading?

I’m reading Chasing Mermaids by Seven Steps.

Tell us about an interesting reader encounter.

One special encounter was having a reader send me a Facebook Private Message that they still remembered my characters and Masquerading Our Love months after they read it.



Have you ever met anyone famous? If not, what famous person would you like to meet?

When I lived in New York City, I met many famous people. One of them was Robin Williams, who walked down Madison Avenue. I smiled at him and he winked as we passed each other by. That was pretty cool.

Tell us about a difficult time in your life where writing saved you.

When I started writing, I was on the Board of Directors of our homeowner’s association. Writing helped me escape all the political issues that come from enforcing the documents that homeowners must follow.

If a genie could grant you one writing-related wish, what would it be?

If the writing genie could grant me the ability to write with no typos, I would be eternally grateful.



What's your favorite genre to read?

I have so many genres but I’ll narrow it to my three favorites:
YA Contemporary Romance, YA Dystopian, and Regency Historical Romances.

Who's your favorite author?

One of my favorite authors is Stephanie Laurens, who writes Regency novels.

What's the genre of your latest release?

YA Contemporary Romance.

Tell us about your latest book and where it’s available. 

My latest book, Thinking About Love, Part 2, is set in sunny South Florida and it is the continuation of Trina Weber and Stuart Grant's romance. In Part 1, they overcome a major obstacle in their lives and in Part 2, they must deal with a major consequence from adopting YOLO. To deal with the consequence they must both give up their dreams and compromise. It’s available on Amazon and can be read as a standalone.

Which character do you identify with most in your latest novel?

I think there’s a tiny bit of me in every novel but Maria Santiago is probably the one I can identify with. She’s first generation Hispanic and is not afraid to voice her opinions, is confident, and has a strong-will that causes people to be careful around her.

What's your book's message?

The message is that everyone makes mistakes, even Christians, and although the mistakes may produce consequences they do not want to deal with, at the end they can overcome them and survive.



What do you enjoy when you’re not writing?

I love reading, traveling, hanging out with my family and friends, and volunteering.

If you could design your dream writer’s cave, what would it be like?

My dream writer’s cave would include a stand-up desk, comfy chairs in various heights, a small kitchen for snacks and where I could make coffee and tea, and a stereo system with all the CDs that I love.

Where can we follow you on social media?

www.facebook.com/AudreyRichAuthor
www.goodreads.com/author/show/16025219.Audrey_Rich
www.twitter.com/goaudreyrich
www.instagram.com/goaudreyrich
www.amazon.com/Audrey-Rich/e/B01M3R7JP5
www.goaudreyrich.wordpress.com


GIVEAWAYS













No comments:

Post a Comment