Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Book Review - Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

Book Review - Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon



Review

Madeline Whittier is the female version of the bubble boy. She is stuck in a house with a disease that makes her allergic to the world. Each day bleeds into the next, with very little difference in between.  That is, until she meets Ollie.

So first off, OH MY GOD! THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD!

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way… I THREW MY PHONE WHILE READING THIS BOOK.

And finally… I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PLOT TWIST LIKE THIS.

Ok, I digress. This book was awesome. I picked it up because I saw the commercial for the movie on Facebook (lame I know) and I wanted to be prepared. I didn’t just read this book. I devoured it!

Maddie Whitter is such a likable character with a very distinct voice. Every word is very simple and deliberately chosen. She is brilliant, interesting, and runs a book review blog (so cool). She is also very hopeful. For such a sick girl, she never loses hope that things will get better, or, at least, not worse. It was inspiring. I loved her relationship with her nurse, Carmen. It was so natural, almost like Carmen was a really cool aunt.

I loved Maddie and Ollie. And kudos to Nicola Yoon for throwing in some parkour references in there. Ollie’s specific set of movements wasn’t just a description, it was a part of the character. Ollie wouldn’t be who he was without his parkour. I loved how that was worked in.

This book will make you laugh, cry, and, if you are like me, ultimately throw something. It was that good. Great characters, great story, great visuals, just great everything. Do yourself a favor and pick up the audio book too. The narrator is awesome.

Ok, I’ll stop now. Go read the book and, when you get to the plot twist, come back here and scream with me.

                         Download Everything Everything


Blurb

The instant #1 New York Times bestseller--soon to be a major motion picture! In theaters May 19, it stars Amandla Stenberg as Maddy and Nick Robinson as Olly.

Risk everything . . . for love.

What if you couldn’t touch anything in the outside world? Never breathe in the fresh air, feel the sun warm your face . . . or kiss the boy next door? In Everything, Everything, Maddy is a girl who’s literally allergic to the outside world, and Olly is the boy who moves in next door . . . and becomes the greatest risk she’s ever taken.

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla. 
 
But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.
 
Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

Everything, Everything will make you laugh, cry, and feel everything in between. It's an innovative,  inspiring, and heartbreakingly romantic debut novel that unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, illustrations, and more. 

everythingeverythingfilm on Instagram
@everythingfilm on Twitter
@everythingeverythingmovie on Facebook
everythingeverythingmovie.com

And don’t miss Nicola Yoon's The Sun Is Also A Star, the #1 New York Times bestseller in which two teens are brought together just when it seems like the universe is sending them in opposite directions.




No comments:

Post a Comment