Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Book Review - P.S I Like You By Kasie West

Book Review - P.S I Like You By Kasie West


Review

Have you ever read a book with so much tension that you wanted to throw it against a wall in frustration? The tension between the two main characters, Cade and Lily, was palatable. It was like there was an elephant in the room and absolutely no one wanted to address it. It was infuriating, frustrating and addicting all at the same time. I became obsessed with this book. It was absolutely riveting.

Besides the tension (did I mention how good that was by the way) Lily, the main character, is very well-rounded. She loves her big, crazy family, she's an awesome guitar player, lyricist, sister, and friend. And she’s hilarious to boot. I really, really liked her.

The premise of this book, - a secret pen pal – will have your stomach in knots. It was so interesting and fun! I found myself looking forward to the next letter as much as Lily was. And the tension! I know that I've mentioned this before but the tension between the two main characters is off the charts! There is this one scene in Cade's kitchen when I was literally shaking. Shaking! Kasie West is an absolute genius and one of my favorite authors!

This book is amazing and definitely worth a re-read. As an added bonus, the audio narrator had a pleasant voice for both the boy and girl characters. I loved listening to her.


Five stars all the way!

Blurb

Signed, sealed, delivered... 

While spacing out in Chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk, and added a message to her. Intrigue! 

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters -- sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she's kind of falling for this letter writer. Only who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery, and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can't always be spelled out... 

Kasie West brings irresistible wit, warmth, and sparkle to this swoon-worthy story of love showing up when you least expect it.



No comments:

Post a Comment